Photocatalyst History Milestones
- 1968 Fujishima Akira of Tokyo University discovered photocatalytic property of semi-conducting metal Titanium Dioxide.
- 1972 Dr. Fujishima published what is now known as the “Fujishima Effect” research paper which started the revolution in photocatalyst research
- 1990 The 1st International Conference on TiO2 Photocatalytic Purification and Treatment of Water and Air. Toronto and Ontario, Canada.
- 1998 Publication of Peroxotitanic Acid Solution-Derived Anatase Sol by Dr. Ichinose
- 2001 NASA incorporated Photocatalytic oxidation to combat Bioterrorism of Anthrax
- 2002 Taiwan Government utilized Photocatalyst coating to combat SARS outbreak.
- 2006 Photocatalyst coating used as a prevention tool for SARS, Bird Flu outbreaks in many countries across the planet.
- United States / Canada
- Hong Kong / Taiwan /Korea
- South East Asia: Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore
- Europe: Germany and Italy
- Over million residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Millions of automobiles / public transportation
- Thousands of Hospitals, Schools and Medical facilities
- Tunnels, bridges and parking lots etc.